Catch Up

Once again, I've been slacking on my blogging duties. We've done three more ToCS dinners. Here are the reviews. They're short because I can't remember all the clever things I was going to write three weeks ago. Sorry.


Slayton's BBQ
We went to the downtown location which apparently isn't like the original. It's "fancy." Not like steak house fancy, but BBQ fancy. You know, tables that aren't sticky, no paper towels on the table, and no bottles of extra sauce- BBQ Fancy. The food itself was good, I'd say Gold-Fireworks (between Gold Star and Fireworks) The atmosphere took away from the overall rating- slow service, the tables were really tight so we were right up against the other group in the restaurant. I'd say try the original before the downtown location.


Saigon Cafe
Vietnamese Food. Good, light, summer time food. Service was good too, nice atmosphere. Fireworks.


Everest Nepal Restaurant
Sunshine!
Nepalese and Indian food. The waiter told us we were crazy for all trying to order Chicken Curry. He told us what we should order instead, and it was all super tasty. Chicken Curry, Chicken Tikka Masala and a chicken kabab. (The name escapes me right now.) Ali and I also got Mango Lassi which is sort of like a smoothie, but lighter. It's a yogurt-y drink over ice. Really, really good.

Comments