It's been just about a week since crashing so it's time for an update. Unfortunately, I can't report- as of right this moment- that things are completely healed and I'm ready to rock and roll. (Hopefully this will be knocked out by Friday.) Things are progressing nicely though and I'm feeling much better than last week. Sleeping has become much more comfortable and the pain has subsided to more of a dull ache than anything else. Each day, range of motion increasing and my pendulum exercises are becoming easier and the circles bigger. (I make little circles with my arm to keep things moving, trying to increase the circle's diameter a little bit each day. Exciting stuff, I know.)

My coach gave my Friday (the day after the crash) off and I was on the spin bike for easy rides starting Saturday morning. The spin bike and I are developing a love-hate relationship. I want to ride but haven't been cleared to go outside and the spin bike is the best option at this point. The hardest part of this whole thing is not being able to ride outside! The weather has finally turned for summer and it's been 85° and sunny all week.

On the bright side, as my friend pointed out today, if my collarbone wasn't broken I wouldn't have been at the craft store in the middle of the day with a man wearing a lime green and white tank top with short overalls on. It was the highlight of my day. I wish more people wore short overalls. They seem very practical.

Comments