Piacenza, Part Uno


Buongiorno!

The US Para-cycling team is in Piacenza, Italy- about 100km southeast of Milan- for a weekend of racing. The race is a fairly low key P1, which means it’s smaller than a world cup but still international. Over 250 athletes are entered so the turnout is good, likely because of next week’s world cup in Rome. I arrived on Thursday without a hitch, built bikes and went for a spin with the team. Yesterday morning was spent pre riding the TT and road race courses. They’re both pancake flat and on proper, narrow, Euro roads which, after getting used to industrial park crits on roads like Italian highways, will be a fun change. The turnout for the women is very low- I’m pretty disappointed, honestly- so we’re lucky to be racing with the men. Sam, Copsey and I will all race together this afternoon.

Yesterday, I had my very first cappuccino but I’m not sure if I liked it or not. Here it is:


I must admit that I’m pretty proud of myself- I have done all of my sink laundry and have no dirty clothes! Staying on top of sink laundry is important because having to wash 3 kits, 2 shirts, 3 pairs of underwear and four pairs of socks all at once because it’s a clothing emergency is not fun. Not that I would know about that from experience or anything…

Comments