A blog about not blogging.

I've done a terrible job of keeping this blog updated. (I don't even know that too many people read it anymore but I guess that's besides the point.) The blog drought started after I stopped racing. That was due partly because I was depressed felt lost not training and racing anymore and didn't want to share that with anyone, and because I didn't feel like I had anything to write about. My new "normal" life was boring, and surely people prefer reading about crazy race trips or great accomplishments. Well, that last bit is probably true, but I've realized that I do enjoy writing, even if this post is just stream-of-consciousness word vomit and not good at all.

I appreciate that I've got awesome things happening in my life. It just took a little while to realize, years later, that non-racing life can be good too. I love spending time with my husband, I enjoy that we have a house that we've been slowly making our own, and two great dogs- even if they're demons sometimes.

It's sort of like a conversation Clark and I have had about different cities and towns- you can always find great things and places if you look for them, and you can always find shitty things and places if you look for them. Well I think the same is true for life. We all have struggles and obstacles but we also have amazing things, too.

So, maybe this ol' blog will get a bit more use in the coming weeks and months. Thanks, as always, for reading.

Comments