Human Kebab

This video is not for the squeamish: http://www.trackworldcup.co.uk/News/Article/329/1

Now that that's out of the way, I can go on to talk about another of my fears- Being skewered like a kebab. While I love kebabs, don't get me wrong, being one is not something I'd like to have on a list of life accomplishments.

The Malaysian sprinter, Awang, is one tough guy! They all went on to finish the race, and according to another video, it took him until after he ran across the line to notice the railroad spike like "splinter" through his leg. As the above video says though, he should be able to ride in but a fortnight. (I would like to say that the word "fortnight" is underutilized. I digress.) Being skewered is not something that happens often, but it is now a fear of mine. I would also demand that the surgeon let me keep the piece of wood as a souvenir.

Comments