New Bike, New Friend!




A lot of people say that a carbon bike frame is a carbon bike frame- they’re all the same with subtle differences. Admittedly, I was one of those people. That’s until I got a new time trial bike- a Specialized Transition. Seriously, this bike is awesome!

The time trial is an exercise in pain management. Leaping headfirst into the pain cave isn’t something many people think is fun, but several years of bike racing has changed my outlook. I love it. Maybe I’m a masochist, but to be a proper bike racer, you have to be.

The Tucson Bike Classic was the debut ride for the new S-Works rig, and it didn’t disappoint. The TT was short- only 3 miles, which meant going straight into the pain cave. Between my heart about to explode out of my chest, and my legs feeling like they were pumped full of battery acid, I didn’t notice much- besides the amazingly smooth ride of course. It just felt… right. It usually takes a little while to get the feeling of a new bike, to become friends with it. Well, it feels like the Transition and I go way back. I’m looking forward to the upcoming season and spending quality time in the pain cave with my new friend.

Comments